For the salad
1 chicken breast, organic
3 handfuls of fresh wild herb salad
1 red pepper
1/2 bed of cress
1/2 hand full pomegranate seeds, optional
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 pinch of paprika, sweet
For the dressing
8 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lemon juice and zest
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp maple syrup (or more / less, to taste)
Salt, pepper, to taste
- Wash the salad, the pepper and the chicken under cold water.
- Pat the chicken dry and season it with salt, pepper and pepper seasoning.
- Dry the salad and slice the pepper into thin slices.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing, except the olive oil in a blender, slowly adding the olive oil while blending the other ingredients.
- Sear the chicken form both sides in a pan with ghee on middle heat until cooked through.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices, heat some ghee in the pan again and sear the slices again, until slightly browned.
- Arrange the wild herbs, the bell peppers and the chicken in a bowl, add the cress and optionally the pomgranate seeds, sprinkle with the dressing.