A light and creative vegan dinner!
4 portobello mushrooms or large brown mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic
6 small carrots
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or other vinegar of your choice)
3 tbsp avocado oil (avocado oil is relatively tasteless)
1 tbsp dill
300 ml of water
2 tbsp chives
4 tbsp buckwheat flour
2 tbsp psyllium husk
2 pinches of salt
Bear’s Garlic Pesto
1/2 bunch of wild garlic
100 ml of olive oil
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp cashew nuts
- Preheat oven to 220°C/392°F grill setting. Clean the portobello mushrooms, rub them with grated garlic, salt and pepper. Rub each mushroom with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil or avocado oil.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a casserole dish and grill for 30 minutes in the upper third of the oven. Turn once after 15 mins.
- For the cucumber salad, wash the cucumber and cut into wafer-thin slices. Salt and set aside for 30 minutes while the mushrooms are in the oven.
- Finely dice zucchini and carrots, sear them in a pan, then simmer for about 10 minutes on a low temperature.
- Meanwhile, wash the wild garlic, pat dry, chop roughly, whisk with olive oil, salt, pepper, cashew nuts and yeast in a high-performance blender or with a hand blender to a smooth pesto.
- Whisk the ingredients for the crepe dough well and heat a tbsp of avocado oil in a normal size pan and pour in half of the batter for one pancake (evenly distribute the batter like they do it in the crepe stall at the Christmas market) and bake.
- Now take the mushrooms out of the oven and let them cool a bit. Add dill, vinegar, salt and pepper to the cucumbers and mix well.
- When both crepes are ready, arrange them on a plate, fill them with the sautéed vegetable cubes, fill the mushrooms with some bear’s garlic pesto and arrange them with the crepes and the cucumber salad.