Potatoes in a completely new variation! A filling, vegan and refreshing lunch.
Potato Cakes and Salad
300 g potatoes
30 g potato starch
2 pinches of nutmeg
2 pinches of salt
1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
3-4 tbsp sesame
6 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes
4 tbsp black olives
3 tbsp chopped basil
2 tbsp chopped flat parsley
5-6 tbsp of avocado oil for frying
1/2 lemon, zest
4-5 stalks of green asparagus
3-4 handfuls of green lettuce (wild herbs, or whatever leafy greens you like)
5 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 orange, juice
1/2 lemon, juice
Salt, pepper to taste
- Peel and cook potatoes. Drain and leave to cool until they are still warm but can be touched without being burned.
- Mash the potatoes and mix with the starch, salt, pepper, nutmeg and lemon zest and knead into a smooth dough.
- Finely chop tomatoes and olives, briefly fry in a pan on middle heat with a little avocado oil (3-4 minutes). Allow to cool, then add the herbs and mix well.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions, shape each into an oval by hand, make a 5 x 3 cm wide and 3 cm deep indentation in the middle. Now add one or 2 tablespoons of the filling, press firmly into the potato dough and close the indentation.
- Now cover the potato cakes in sesame.
- Wash the salad, peel the asparagus and cut every stalk into 3-4 pieces. Heat a little avocado oil in a pan, sauté the potato cakes from all sides on medium heat so that they turn nicely brown. Sear the asparagus in a separate pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad dressing. Mix all ingredients and either mix with a hand blender or shake well in a screw-top glass.