1/2 hokkaido pumpkin
1,2 l vegetable broth
1 clove of garlic
2 parsley roots
1 small fennel bulb
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
1 lemon, juice and zest
Salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1/2 small red chili pepper
1 tbsp parsley
1 small clove of garlic
- Grate the ginger and garlic, wash the pumpkin, remove the seeds, do not peel it and roughly dice it. Peel and roughly dice the parsley roots and the carrot. Dice the onions.
- Fry the onion with a little oil until translucent, add the garlic and ginger and let it sautée for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, stir well and sauté on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. I just add some freshly ground pepper and add a level teaspoon of salt here.
- Pour in the broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer with the lid on until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend everything with a hand blender or food processor.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add little lemon juice and lemon zest if you like.
- For the gremolata, heat a pan, then lower the heat to medium. Roast all ingredients in a pan for 3-4 minutes at medium heat