1 garlic clove
1 cup of quinoa
1 tsp cumin
1 orange, juice and zest
1 lemon, zest
5-6 tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil
- Wash the eggplants, cut them in half and gently scrape them out with a spoon. Set the flesh aside and do not throw it away.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 392 °F hot air and rub the eggplant halves with oil, salt and pepper from all sides. Distribute eggplant halves evenly on a baking tray and bake on a medium rack in the oven for approx. 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the orange and lemon, rub off the zest with a grater and squeeze out the juice. Peel the carrots and garlic, crush the garlic and grate the carrot.
- Cook quinoa in a saucepan with water and a little salt (this shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes).
- Finely chop the inside of the eggplant. Heat some oil in a pan, lightly sautée the garlic, add eggplant flesh, the carrots, and some salt and pepper.
- Pour some oil into a corner of the pan, roast the cumin on medium heat, when you can smell its flavor, mix with the vegetables.
- Add prepared quinoa, chop the parsley, fold in and season with orange juice, lemon and orange zest. If necessary, add again some salt and pepper.
- Take the eggplant out of the oven and fill it with the quinoa mixture, using a tablespoon. Put back into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- The stuffed eggplant tastes great with a fresh spinach or kale salad!