1 handful of fresh baby spinach
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tahini, sesame paste
1 clove of garlic, optional
1 pinch of sesame, for decoration
fresh mint leaves, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F, wash the eggplant and let it cook in one piece in the oven for one hour.
- When the eggplant is cooked through, let it cool briefly, cut open lengthways and carefully scrape out the pulp with a spoon. BEWARE: Now, let the pulp cool down to at least room temperature. It must not be warm or hot when you mix it with the other ingredients.
- When the pulp has cooled, add the sesame paste, the juice of 1/2 lemon and the zest of one lemon half, salt, pepper, cumin and spinach and mix with a hand blender or a food processor. You can als add the garlic, if you like.
- Arrange with sesame seeds, the other half of the lemon zest, pepper and mint in a small bowl.
- The dip can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.