A simple vegan cream cheese you can enjoy with some freshly baked bread, or with some raw veggie sticks!
200 g cashew nuts unsalted, unroasted
some tap water
1/2-1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dry nutritional yeast
1/2 bio lemon, juice and zest
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 small piece of a clove of garlic (optional)
1 tbsp chives
2 tbsp walnuts
1/2 organic orange (zest)
1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Place cashew nuts into a bowl and cover with warm or cold tap water. Let soak for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours drain through a sieve, rinse briefly under cold water. Pat dry thoroughly from all sides with a kitchen towel. If you have a lot of time, let the cashews dry for an hour. But this is not a must.
- Now add the cashew nuts, the squeezed lemon juice, the lemon zest, salt, dry yeast and the garlic, if you like, to your high-performance blend and mix until you have a smooth creamy mixture.
- Carefully scrape the paste out of the blender (we don’t want to waste any of that delicious cheese) and form a ball asit looks like in the picture.
- Finely chop the chives, grate the orange zest and chop the walnuts. Roll the cheese ball in it until it is evenly covered. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Press everything on nicely.
- The cheese can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days if you cover it with cling film. Enjoy! 🙂
Keywords: vegan, cheese, vegan cream cheese, cashew cheese